What are Fungal Nails?
Fungal Nails are a condition which often start as a white discolouration of the edges of the nail, but when established the nail can gradually thicken and become crumbly, sometimes with yellowish discolouration affecting the whole nail and the nail bed. The condition is contagious and often can spread to neighbouring nails or to other people.
What causes Fungal Nails?
- Fungal skin infection, such as Athletes Foot.
- Wearing sweaty footwear or often having hot, sweaty feet.
- Nail damage.
- Having a health condition such as diabetes or psoriasis.
- Being immunosuppressed (having a weakened immune system).
- Being in poor general health.
Our treatments for fungal nail infections are recommended by podiatrists, from leading brands such as ClearZal and Mykored.
This information is for guidance only. If you are in doubt at all, please consult your nearest health professional.